Seguidores

viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

Indice de Artículos - Buddhismo - www.dailykos.com


These are the most recent diaries filed under this tag:
Disclaimer: Political Buddha is a monthly diary series exploring how Buddhist philosophy may be used to become a more effective voter, political commentator (or blogger) ...
by ajewella
Comment Count 91 comments on Thu Mar 03, 2011 at 12:54 PM EST with 116 Recommends
I confess, I do still get all caught up in the zugzwang of right vs left in the Congress and the White House. I've been following it for decades now, and honestly caring about it, because even as a ...
by erratic
Comment Count 13 comments on Sat Feb 05, 2011 at 12:28 AM EST with 10 Recommends
Why do people feel so strongly about abortion? What role does religion play? How do I, as a Buddhist, feel about abortion?
by nonnyidaho
Comment Count 41 comments on Sun Jan 23, 2011 at 04:57 PM EST with 20 Recommends
I was taken enough by Catholicism in sixth grade that I wanted to become a priest, but in only a few short years I was dissolutioned. I gave up Catholicism, but never religion, and here's why . . .
by thenekkidtruth
Comment Count 20 comments on Sun Jan 02, 2011 at 09:56 AM EST with 31 Recommends
There s considerable confusion in the western press about Burma. The press shows a near martyred daughter of an idolized national hero and sacrificing Buddhist monks confronting a corrupt ...
by niccolo caldararo
Comment Count 21 comments on Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 04:08 PM EST with 5 Recommends
The last of the middle school students filed out of the building and for the first time since the doors to the after school program had opened at 3:00 p.m., the main hall was quiet. The sounds of ...
by greywolfe359
Comment Count 4 comments on Sun Oct 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM EDT with 3 Recommends
This is the fourth installment of a series that seeks to reclaim the core values from religion in general and Christianity in particular from right-wing ideologues who distort it to their own ends. ...
by greywolfe359
Comment Count 19 comments on Sun Oct 10, 2010 at 08:18 PM EDT with 8 Recommends
I used to have a lot of ideas about how things should be, about what was wrong with the world, and what needed to be fixed. It was satisfying to have that moral clarity, to be confident that there ...
by erratic
Comment Count 16 comments on Wed Sep 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM EDT with 17 Recommends
The ninth-century Buddhist master Lin Chi is supposed to have said, “If you meet the Buddha on the road... kill him.” Harsh words indeed. Maybe not. But for those of us who are ...
by Brahman Colorado
Comment Count 212 comments on Sun Aug 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM EDT with 32 Recommends
I spent an hour on the phone today with someone, that was probably entirely wasted. It concerned an environmental project that I've been working on for almost two years now, documenting and ...
by erratic
Comment Count 10 comments on Wed Jul 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM EDT with 7 Recommends
The mighty elephant with its amazing strength plays an important role in southeast Asia. Domesticated in Thailand and Nepal it is used as a pack animal, hauling and carrying. It has become a ...
by Charlotte Lucas
Comment Count 18 comments on Sun Jul 11, 2010 at 04:42 PM EDT with 24 Recommends
What is forgiveness? Does politics involve forgiveness. Whether Nixon on Watergate or Clinton on Monica, the answer is a resounding " yes ". Politicians are people and people get angry,
by leaf123
Comment Count 20 comments on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 08:49 AM EDT with 2 Recommends
So I wrote a diary on I/P yesterday. Lots of insightful comments and interesting perspectives. And a lot of passion. I thought it might be possible to have a low-conflict I/P diary, but it didn't ...
by erratic
Comment Count 46 comments on Sat Jun 05, 2010 at 09:50 PM EDT with 21 Recommends
A question that I ask every now and then on Sunday, I take it as a 'holy' day because of my Christian [Presbyterian] upbringing, more-so now as just a day of rest. Is there an organised religion ...
by LaFeminista
Comment Count 563 comments on Sun Apr 18, 2010 at 05:02 AM EDT with 272 Recommends
I make an effort, daily, to do good, no matter how small. Hold a door open, help a senior, I've even loaned money that I can't afford to friends who are in worse shape, even though I know I'll never ...
by The 13th Floor
Comment Count 55 comments on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 03:37 AM EDT with 5 Recommends
I know, I know...I’m a day late on this. Allow me to explain: Sometimes, I need to take a break from politics. And sometimes, even when I try to take a break, like in last weeks edition, I ...
by Soundpolitic
Comment Count 2 comments on Mon Mar 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM EDT with 1 Recommend
Somehow I missed this:
by Gangster Octopus
Comment Count 47 comments on Fri Feb 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM EST with 6 Recommends
(another email from my friend Lisa Bright.) When people think about Zen, they think of it as an esoteric Buddhist practice relevant only to Eastern culture and philosophy. Even when they are into ...
by erratic
Comment Count 17 comments on Tue Feb 16, 2010 at 03:51 PM EST with 5 Recommends
Malcolm Gladwell's book, "Outliers" claims that exceptionally skilled individuals in various realms share the common trait of having spent 10,000 hours developing their expertise. That breaks down ...
by erratic
Comment Count 19 comments on Fri Feb 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM EST with 16 Recommends
(This is an email from a friend of mine, Lisa Bright, of Earth Sangha , an eco-buddhist group, that I wanted to share with the Daily Kos community (with her ...
by erratic
Comment Count 4 comments on Wed Feb 10, 2010 at 02:03 PM EST with 4 Recommends








"Know what I was tellin' you 'bout the countries and all?", Jason asked me. Earlier, at the playground, he'd pointed at the swirls and patterns left in the mulch, contours of the overflow from last ...
by erratic
Comment Count 21 comments on Mon Feb 08, 2010 at 01:33 AM EST with 8 Recommends
I have to admit, the ongoing theme of trouble and conflict and disaster on DK hasn't really registered with me. Lots of people talking about how nasty things are getting, how much wrongness there is,
by erratic
Comment Count 48 comments on Tue Jan 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM EST with 11 Recommends
It is not exactly news that the Religious Right often demonizes secularism and atheism. Happens all the time. Less well known are the Religious Right attacks on religious progressives. In recent days,
by Frederick Clarkson
Comment Count 27 comments on Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 07:37 PM EST with 35 Recommends
The title is a bit of convict wisdom that I picked up in prison. Of course it was always just a thought, merely an idea...for once you’re dead there’s nothing to stop them from eating ...
by One Pissed Off Liberal
Comment Count 491 comments on Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 01:24 PM EST with 616 Recommends
"To understand everything is to forgive everything." He said it four hundred years before Jesus arrived.
by bob zimway
Comment Count 59 comments on Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 11:56 PM EST with 24 Recommends
This story sound like fiction but it's truth. Make of it what you will. The dog ran out of the junkyard labyrinth straight at me - a mongrel breed, with the stocky snub-nosed set of a Rottweiler, ...
by erratic
Comment Count 10 comments on Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 03:39 AM EST with 13 Recommends
Brothers and sisters, on this, the first Sunday of a new year, a new decade ...
by KingOneEye
Comment Count 403 comments on Sun Jan 03, 2010 at 04:14 PM EST with 295 Recommends
Wow! We finally made it to the answer section. Welcome to the continuing group read of Dr. David Kessler's The End of Overeating . For those who have been following along, it's a ...
by Clio2
Comment Count 52 comments on Tue Dec 29, 2009 at 05:34 PM EST with 14 Recommends
In preparation for the visit to Tibet the members of our group had read two books advised by the Smithsonian Institute: TRESPASSERS ON THE ROOF 0F THE WORLD by Peter Hopkirk and TIBET by ...
by Charlotte Lucas
Comment Count 40 comments on Sun Dec 20, 2009 at 03:42 PM EST with 28 Recommends
O hai! Welcome to The Mad Logophile. Here we ...
by Purple Priestess
Comment Count 39 comments on Sun Nov 01, 2009 at 09:08 PM EST with 27 Recommends
I am a big fan of Dr. Vishakha Desai, president of the Asia Society in New York. Her introduction last week was spot-on. The Prime Minister’s speech was forthright, compassionate, and ...
by jimluce
Comment Count 10 comments on Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 04:40 PM EDT with 1 Recommend
Dear Kossacks, Today I have decided to write a diary about Buddhism & Zen. While I want to make it clear that I am no expert on this subject, it is true that I have studied it casually for many ...
by zen machine
Comment Count 69 comments on Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 02:04 PM EDT with 17 Recommends
For awhile now, I've been wondering about the rationales behind the opposition to President Obama and the majority-dem congress. I'm not at all surprised that there is opposition, but some of the ...
by erratic
Comment Count 27 comments on Mon Oct 05, 2009 at 07:46 PM EDT with 2 Recommends
At the Indian Consulate in New York recently, I was introduced to author Robert Arnett. Indian officials were praising his book, India Unveiled . He sent me a copy - autographed. For me, it ...
by jimluce
Comment Count 7 comments on Tue Sep 29, 2009 at 08:49 PM EDT with 5 Recommends
Good evening brothers and sisters, once again it is an honor to host this series. I had to really think about what I wanted to write about but I think I have arrived on something See with Buddhism ...
by brothers and sisters at dailykos
Comment Count 56 comments on Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 07:57 PM EDT with 37 Recommends
Everyone who grows up in a Christian-influenced culture has heard the phrase "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." Normally people take this as a comment on the childishness of humanity, ...
by Troubadour
Comment Count 114 comments on Thu Sep 24, 2009 at 06:25 PM EDT with 20 Recommends
Sometimes I seem to open a can of worms on even the simplest of expressions that perhaps I don't even really think about when I am writing them. Its just my way of expressing my convictions as I ...
by LaFeminista
Comment Count 19 comments on Mon Sep 14, 2009 at 03:14 PM EDT with 3 Recommends
Earlier this year, Paul McCartney "lashed out" at the Dalai Lama for not being a vegetarian.
by OrganicKitchen
Comment Count 31 comments on Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 03:11 AM EDT with 6 Recommends
Hey Kossacks, Over the weekend I got the opportunity to write an article for Huffington Post about Whole Foods CEO John Mackey, especially focusing on his company's "Declaration of Interdependence,"
by interdependence
Comment Count 10 comments on Mon Aug 17, 2009 at 11:55 AM EDT with 10 Recommends
My readings in Buddhism have taught me that we all have to suffer at some point in our life. Therefore, rejoice in each moment that has been given to you. My readings in science and mathematics ...
by Hank Heath
Comment Count 12 comments on Sun Aug 02, 2009 at 03:09 AM EDT with 9 Recommends

Maybe this is wrong, but I like to think there is meaning to life. That maybe the world is a far grander and greater place then I realize. I often ponder that. Sometimes being an Atheist ain't easy. ...
by webranding
Comment Count 47 comments on Thu Jul 02, 2009 at 11:58 AM EDT with 11 Recommends
Cross Posted from The 10,000 Things The basis of Buddhism is the The Four Noble Truths and The Eightfold Path that the historical ...
by Andrew C White
Comment Count 12 comments on Wed Jul 01, 2009 at 10:31 AM EDT with 3 Recommends
When I had cancer , a close friend asked if I ever wondered: why me ? I told her that I didn't. I told her that given that one in three ...
by Laurence Lewis
Comment Count 35 comments on Fri Jun 12, 2009 at 05:03 PM EDT with 36 Recommends
Obama is America’s First Buddhist President. How do I know this?
by fetboy
Comment Count 54 comments on Fri Jun 05, 2009 at 09:25 PM EDT with 8 Recommends
On my way home yesterday, I once again realized how angry I am with Christianity. I thought of a much more outrageous title for a diary and immediately realized that I certainly didn't want that ...
by fernan47
Comment Count 127 comments on Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 08:27 AM EDT with 8 Recommends
The Eight Green Steps to Solartopia The noble vision of a Solartopian green-powered Earth is at last upon us. Our eco-future is defined by the four Great Green Truths: we have a global ...
by harveywasserman
Comment Count 39 comments on Tue May 26, 2009 at 01:51 AM EDT with 4 Recommends
Because it is National Prayer Day. Or maybe it was yesterday. I don't much care, because I don't much pray. I grew up in the church, can quote Scripture like the Devil in the Desert, but I have been ...
by erratic
Comment Count 257 comments on Thu May 07, 2009 at 11:33 PM EDT with 26 Recommends
I had a good conversation with a Dreadlock Rasta about Babylon today. We were putting up shadecloths, at a native plant nursery in Virginia, a bit south of DC. The sun's been coming up hot for the ...
by erratic
Comment Count 10 comments on Wed Apr 29, 2009 at 08:23 PM EDT with 7 Recommends
I was happy to volunteer to help keep going a diary series that has become very dear to the DailyKos community. Subbing for PastorDan in August was a great experience. Too often in our busy ...
by CityLightsLover
Comment Count 78 comments on Sun Feb 22, 2009 at 07:08 PM EST with 50 Recommends
_Gandhi's Economic Thought_ by Ajit K. Dasgupta NY: Routledge, 1996 ISBN 0-415-11430-6 Ethics, according to Gandhi, was essentially a worldly enterprise and at its core was a desperate ...
by gmoke
Comment Count 5 comments on Sun Feb 01, 2009 at 11:12 PM EST with 7 Recommends
This is part of a Wednesday series on Goddess spirituality and political activism. Last week I wrote about [http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/1/7/95934/50030/266/681134 Kuan Yin] , the ...
by Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Comment Count 28 comments on Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 12:58 PM EST with 30 Recommends
So yeah this is way over due. I originally intended this to be written in Novemeber after the election, but well I got both busy and lazy. For those that are unfamilair with Buddhism I'll direct ...
by drache
Comment Count 79 comments on Wed Jan 07, 2009 at 08:46 PM EST with 34 Recommends
This is part of a Wednesday series on Goddess spirituality and political activism. My favorite Goddess isn’t technically a Goddess at all. Rather, [http://www.circle-of-light.com/Mantras/...
by Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Comment Count 42 comments on Wed Jan 07, 2009 at 10:35 AM EST with 42 Recommends
I know, another Warren diary. But I saw him on teevee, and he was very arrogant, so sure of himself. He has a glib answer for everything. He knows his Bible. But does he Know? ...
by bob zimway
Comment Count 126 comments on Sat Dec 20, 2008 at 01:01 PM EST with 24 Recommends
Reps. Mazie Hirono and Hank Johnson were re-elected on Nov. 4. Rep. ...
by raatz
Comment Count 11 comments on Sat Nov 08, 2008 at 09:39 PM EST with 13 Recommends
The following entry is reprinted from my blog "The Winking Buddha Blog" www.winkingbuddha.com Enjoy! Joe The Plumber may be a big, bald, happy ...
by Bodhiness
Comment Count 41 comments on Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 05:26 PM EDT with 28 Recommends
For starters, I am a man of faith. I was raised in the Anglican/Episcopal Church, and am now an EcoBuddhist (yah, it's pretty cool). I believe that people of faith have accomplished great and ...
by erratic
Comment Count 96 comments on Sat Oct 04, 2008 at 08:03 PM EDT with 5 Recommends
Enlightenment leads Buddhists to Nirvana.� However, here in the post-Hurricane Ike Houston area more than one-half million of us wait not for enlightenment but for any sliver of illumination ...
by Bodhiness
Comment Count 4 comments on Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 05:27 PM EDT with 9 Recommends
Cross posted from The 10,000 Things From "Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-...
by Andrew C White
Comment Count 4 comments on Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM EDT with 8 Recommends
Crossposted from Left Toon Lane , Bilerico Project & My Left ...
by StormBear
Comment Count 29 comments on Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 04:04 PM EDT with 7 Recommends

Thank you all SO MUCH for your support, kudos, & kind words last week & tonight. Next Sunday, we return you to your regularly scheduled "programming." :...
by CityLightsLover
Comment Count 117 comments on Sun Aug 24, 2008 at 08:19 PM EDT with 37 Recommends
So for those that are reading this for the first time, a brief catch up. This is going to be about my own personal experiences with Buddhism, for those a little unsure about Buddhism I've already ...
by drache
Comment Count 16 comments on Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 11:16 AM EDT with 13 Recommends
Yesterday I discussed the history of the man known as Siddharth Gautauma who would later in life be known as the Buddha (see ...
by drache
Comment Count 55 comments on Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 01:56 PM EDT with 25 Recommends
I don't really as a rule do personal diaries, but I'm so sick of the hand wringing, teeth gashing, second guessing and over all wailing about FISA, Clark and Obama. So here I am writing something ...
by drache
Comment Count 24 comments on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 12:16 PM EDT with 9 Recommends
I want the Dalai Lama's laugh, that full throat rumble straight from the Buddha belly free and smooth as a strong stream moving ...
by gmoke
Comment Count 30 comments on Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 08:33 PM EDT with 21 Recommends
Pali is the language of the earliest collection of the teachings of the Buddha. And one key teaching is that of loving-kindness, for which the word in Pali is metta . There is a wealth of ...
by teacherken
Comment Count 29 comments on Thu Jun 19, 2008 at 08:41 AM EDT with 44 Recommends
A stumbling point for me in the practice of Buddhism is optimism. I do not do optimism. My thoughts on optimism parallel Ambrose Bierce. Optimism: The doctrine that everything is ...
by DWG
Comment Count 30 comments on Tue May 13, 2008 at 03:25 PM EDT with 40 Recommends
crossposted from unbossed A new Congressional Research Service report - Tibet: Problems, ...
by shirah
Comment Count 9 comments on Thu May 08, 2008 at 07:44 PM EDT with 7 Recommends
Another Sunday, another week asunder... L.A is sleepily rising from Saturday night. The breeze blows gently on the palm fronds outside, the smog stirs. The roads are less busy. It's Sunday. ...
by artofstarving
Comment Count 8 comments on Mon May 05, 2008 at 03:56 PM EDT with 3 Recommends
The Olympic Torch Relay, which has been met with worldwide protests everywhere since it started its journey in Greece earlier this spring, and was met with more on- site protests in France, England, ...
by AmericanRiverCanyon
Comment Count 5 comments on Tue Apr 22, 2008 at 03:08 AM EDT with 7 Recommends
Two Things: Letter to a Lost Love Every time is different; the separations, whether sharp or rough; the terminations of romance, the end of intimacy; all different. Or at least they seem so. Or ...
by wild thang
Comment Count 2 comments on Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 09:18 AM EDT with 3 Recommends
Dr. Marshall Windmiller is a respected scholar on international relations. He wrote an insightful letter to the San Francisco Chronicle yesterday concerning the Torch protests and China. His ...
by niccolo caldararo
Comment Count 9 comments on Fri Apr 11, 2008 at 06:07 PM EDT with 2 Recommends
There is a considerable exaggeration in the press concerning China and the Olympic Games. Gideon Rachman's comments in the Financial Times this week about the Olympic threat to China comparing ...
by niccolo caldararo
Comment Count 46 comments on Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 03:56 PM EDT with 2 Recommends
cross posted from The Dream ...
by davidseth
Comment Count 26 comments on Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 01:02 PM EDT with 13 Recommends
Yes, it is. A very cool religion. But there is a problem that we Americans need to explore as a Democratic nation founded on the principles of Separation of Church and State and Freedom of Religion..
by Zwoof
Comment Count 55 comments on Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 08:47 AM EDT with 18 Recommends
Recent violence in Tibet has paralleled that in the past. It is organized and led by Buddhist monks intent on regaining political control of Tibet and its people. The militant history of Buddhism ...
by niccolo caldararo
Comment Count 22 comments on Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:31 PM EDT with 3 Recommends
Reading the diaries last night I came across kid oakland's eloquent diary on tikkun olam. Here he describes how Obama's ...
by Methinks They Lie
Comment Count 10 comments on Sun Mar 02, 2008 at 10:15 PM EST with 6 Recommends
I'm sure by now most of you have of the teenage boy in California who was killed for being gay. It was sickening to read about and got me thinking about being gay in the United States. To me gay ...
by SensibleDemocrat
Comment Count 23 comments on Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:26 PM EST with 5 Recommends
Dedicated to David Shuster: The Buddha said, In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
by Bodhiness
Comment Count 5 comments on Fri Feb 08, 2008 at 06:03 PM EST with 5 Recommends
I experienced my first religious epiphany in a Des Moines movie theater. Not _The Passion of the Christ_ -- its gore and violence conflict with my family values. Rather, I became a “born again&#
by Bodhiness
Comment Count 10 comments on Sat Feb 02, 2008 at 04:34 PM EST with 6 Recommends

No, smarty pants, it's not a typo. I'm not talking about meta as it's used around here to denote talk about dK by dK.
by srkp23
Comment Count 27 comments on Sat Jan 26, 2008 at 04:10 PM EST with 48 Recommends
While enjoying the remaining days of my vacation, I got a knock on the door - surprise! It was the Mormons, and they are here to help me get clear about God!
by Captain Janeway
Comment Count 101 comments on Sat Dec 29, 2007 at 06:35 PM EST with 10 Recommends
cross posted at The Dream Antilles An Open Letter from Jack Kornfield, Ram Dass, and Sharon Salzberg Dear Friends, ...
by davidseth
Comment Count 8 comments on Sun Dec 23, 2007 at 09:56 PM EST with 18 Recommends
The so called debates on religion are so clearly a tribute to the idea that only the Western Judeo- Christian group are real religions. All the others just don't count. There are many others, but I'
by don mikulecky
Comment Count 34 comments on Sun Dec 09, 2007 at 08:58 PM EST with 8 Recommends
Although in different schools of Buddhism the enlightenment of Siddhartha Gautama is observed at different times, in the school in which I practice, in the Japanese Rinzai tradition, the ...
by Mumon
Comment Count 3 comments on Sat Dec 08, 2007 at 01:47 PM EST with 1 Recommend
Today a Kossak listed the results of a poll asking for people to define themselves and their outlook based on single words or simplistic phrases. This got me thinking about the famous quote ...
by bloomster
Comment Count 13 comments on Fri Dec 07, 2007 at 02:59 PM EST with 9 Recommends
Cross-posted from The 10,000 Things Negative attacks are part and parcel of politics. Always have been. As the Presidential primary ...
by Andrew C White
Comment Count 5 comments on Wed Dec 05, 2007 at 01:57 PM EST with 2 Recommends
Cross Posted from The 10,000 Things A little bathroom reading today ...
by Andrew C White
Comment Count 22 comments on Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 08:29 PM EST with 6 Recommends
It's a hard time to be thankful, at least in the usual way the word is used for the American Thanksgiving. Our prosperity and comforts seem selfish when contrasted with all the pain and injustice in ...
by Captain Future
Comment Count 0 comments on Thu Nov 22, 2007 at 04:45 PM EST with 1 Recommend
...
by intrepidliberal
Comment Count 14 comments on Tue Nov 20, 2007 at 09:10 PM EST with 21 Recommends
“God Appears and God is Light/To those poor souls who dwell in Night/But does a Human form display/To those who dwell in realms of day.” These humanist ...
by McCamy Taylor
Comment Count 31 comments on Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 05:43 PM EDT with 16 Recommends
Those who know me, both here and in what amounts to my real life, know that I am a somewhat unlapsed left wing Roman Catholic, spending this lifetime (undeservedly) with a too good for me devotee of ...
by deepfish
Comment Count 28 comments on Mon Oct 29, 2007 at 07:41 AM EDT with 10 Recommends
The Sutras of Abu Ghraib: Notes from a Conscientious ...
by On The Bus
Comment Count 14 comments on Sat Oct 27, 2007 at 05:32 PM EDT with 28 Recommends
The Dalai Lama will be honored this week in Washington DC with a Congressional Gold Medal.
by Shane Hensinger
Comment Count 19 comments on Tue Oct 16, 2007 at 01:30 PM EDT with 7 Recommends
The other day, my contribution to the Oct 4th bloggers protest over the military junta's crackdown in Burma was this diary on ...
by betson08
Comment Count 16 comments on Sun Oct 07, 2007 at 08:45 PM EDT with 12 Recommends
This is a story so rich with interesting angles. On Oct. 17, 2007, George W. Bush will partake in bestowing the highest U.S. ...
by Matt Tyson
Comment Count 26 comments on Wed Oct 03, 2007 at 06:54 PM EDT with 6 Recommends
Prior to Theravada Buddhism, the Burmese were animists who worshiped a series of nature spirits called Nats. The term Nat derives from the Pali-Sanskrit, natha, meaning lord or guardian. There are ...
by Zwoof
Comment Count 7 comments on Tue Oct 02, 2007 at 11:10 AM EDT with 10 Recommends
Today in Burma, there are reports that soldiers have mutinied against the leaders of the junta. This was inevitable. Almost everyone in that country is a Buddhist, and the dictators ordered their ...
by McCamy Taylor
Comment Count 15 comments on Fri Sep 28, 2007 at 09:07 PM EDT with 3 Recommends
This was in my inbox this morning: Dear friends Please come and [show] support for Burma. I hope you can come this friday 9/28/07 near by Burmese embassy at 4:00 p.m. Thank ...
by Dr Benway
Comment Count 2 comments on Fri Sep 28, 2007 at 11:08 AM EDT with 6 Recommends
The current unrest in Myanmar and George Bush's predictable and ineffectual "sanction 'em" solution brings to mind an ...
by zenbowl























TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS


SOUV2BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font







free counters





Disculpen las Molestias

PlayList - El Libro Tibetano de los Muertos (Documental)








BUDDHISMO - Buddhism

Category:Buddhism in the ancient Mediterranean

2613JC - Alexander II of_Epirus (2613)JC
2614JC - Antigonus II Gonatas (2614)JC
2615JC - Buddhism and the Roman world (2615)JC
2616JC - Edicts of Ashoka (2616)JC
2617JC - Greco-Buddhism (2617)JC
2620JC - Grecobudismo (2620)JC
2650JC - Greco-Buddhist monasticism (2650)JC
2651JC - Magas of Cyrene (2651)JC
2653JC - Ptolemy II Philadelphus (2653)JC
2652JC - Third Buddhist council (2652)JC
1905JC - Category:Family of Gautama Buddha
1904JC - Category:Gautama Buddha
1903JC - Category:Yidams
1902JC - Category:Lokapalas
1901JC - Category:Dharmapalas
1900JC - Category:Dakinis
1899JC - Category:Buddhas
1898JC - Category:Buddhist deities, bodhisattvas, and demons
1897JC - Category:Bodhisattvas
1896JC - Category:Buddhist deities, bodhisattvas, and demons

Buddhism

635JC - CAPÍTULO I, CLASE 1 - INTRODUCCIÓN
634JC - CAPÍTULO I, CLASE 2 - DOS CLASES DE VERDAD
633JC - CAPÍTULO I, CLASE 4 - CONCIENCIAS SIN RAÍZ (AHETUKA-CITTA)
632JC - CAPÍTULO I, CLASE 5 - CONCIENCIAS HERMOSAS DE LA ESFERA DE LOS SENTIDOS
631JC - La Auto Transformación
630JC - ANURUDDHA - LOS OCHO PENSAMIENTOS DE UN GRAN HOMBRE
629JC - ALÌNACITTA JÀTAKA (156)
628JC - AKUSALA-CITTA - CONCIENCIAS INSANAS
627JC - ACINTEYYA SUTTA
14 feb 2010 - Adi-Buddha
14 feb 2010 - 21 Taras
14 feb 2010 - Amitayus Buddha [The three Long-life Deities]
14 feb 2010 - The schools of Tibetan paintings
15 feb 2010 - Dhyani Buddhas
15 feb 2010 - Thangka
15 feb 2010 - Index of Buddhism-related articles | Selecciones del Canon Pali - jul 31 | ABHIDHAMMA-PITAKA | ¿Qué es el Abhidhamma Piùaka?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada